Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pumpkin Bread

Pumpkin bread may be considered a family tradition for some of us. I think I first made pumpkin bread when I was a teenager and got the recipe from my mom. I made it for my kids. Jay and Ashley both liked it. It then became a Thanksgiving food at my house. My nieces and nephews seemed to look forward to it and I would have to make more loaves each year. When Jake was just a preschooler he asked if we could make "brown bread" together. I used to send an extra loaf home for Jeff after he got older because he liked it so much. I made the batter into mini muffins for Ashley when she was at ISU and I once mailed a loaf to Jay when he was at NIACC. On a cool fall day baking pumpkin bread makes the house smell great and makes me feel quite nostalgic.

1 comment:

Ashley Schrage said...

I believe I heard through facebook that you made a loaf for Jay and not for the princess.. ?