Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fourth of July

I love the Fourth of July holiday! For me it means family. . . lots and lots of Wreghitts! I get to see my cousins, siblings, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncle and my kids. We always have a great time. We have gathered in the same place for decades and look forward to it each year. We always go to the parade and complain about the long gaps. We stick around for the tenderloins and corn dogs. We gather at the house, enjoy the lake, food, cameras and people. It's a real family reunion!


This will be our first year without Uncle Lloyd. He and Aunt Snooks have been gracious hosts for more years than we can remember. Sadly, Uncle Lloyd died last summer. We all miss him deeply. We do have wonderful memories of a man who loved us deeply and teased us often. He taught me many things. He even taught my kids how to drive a manual transmission. But most of all I think that he and Aunt Snooks taught us a wonderful hospitality and sense of family. He will be missed.

No comments: