Sunday, March 18, 2012

Yummy Tarts

I do like to cook but I really love to bake desserts. I have been saving this recipe for a couple of months and decided that this was the weekend to try the Petite Fruit Tarts. They were yummy but they were not very petite.

The fresh berries were beautiful and they brought amazing flavor and color. I also added some nectarine and apple as suggested by the recipe.



Tossing the fruit with a little sugar and flour was fun and fragrant. Working with the dough was messy and that is always fun too! It was a very buttery yummy dough. Yes, I know that's lots of flour but I needed it since I didn't cool the dough as much as recommended. I was in a hurry!



Putting it all together was another messy step but I do think that is a big part of the joy. I scooped fruit onto each circle of dough, pinched the edges up and then sprinkled with a little bit of sugar.



They were gorgeous even before they went into the oven. The house smelled amazing while they baked and the fruits all came together to make a very delicious dessert. A dip of vanilla ice cream on the top was just perfect. The leftovers with a cup of coffee made a great patio breakfast. When they were finally ready for the oven I said that we probably wouldn't be having them again. . . way more work than a pie! After the first couple of bites I decided that I would most certainly make them again but I will make them smaller next time!

No comments: