Sunday, March 7, 2010

New Orleans

Two weeks ago my friend, Becky and I spent a Saturday in New Orleans. As we entered the French Quarter, I said, "New Orleans is just so different from anyplace else!" The culture, food, music and architecture are unique in so many ways. It was fun to enjoy a gorgeous sunny day exploring the French Quarter. I took a few photos and ate lots of great food. Red beans and rice, Muffulettas, pralines and beignets. . . all in one day!






I tried to sneak a quick photo of a man holding this sign outside of a French Quarter establishment. He spotted me immediately and insisted on trading the sign for my camera so that he could take a photo of Becky and me. Of course, he wanted a tip but he was so much nicer about it than some of the others, so we were happy to play the game! We did not get one of these huge beers but do see great humor in the sign!


No comments: