Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hockey, Hockey and More Hockey

Our Valentine's weekend was spent at hockey arenas. It's been quite a hockey winter this year. My nephew, Jake, had a hockey tournament in Ames on Saturday, so he brought a friend and his parents and came to visit me and see the Iowa Chops play hockey on Friday night. Dale and I met them at the arena after they had a snowy drive to DM. We enjoyed the game then came home and stayed up late (well late for me, it was midnight!) Saturday we watched Jake and his teammates win two games in Ames before heading to Great Plains for pizza. It was great to have time to hang out with Dan, Jill and the boys. The Iowa Chops were so grateful to the fans that braved the snow storm on Friday that they gave free tickets to all of us for Monday night's hockey game. Dale and I will be heading to the arena again on Monday with our free tickets. I think that might be enough hockey for this week!

No comments: