Sunday, April 10, 2011

Birthday Weekend

It was a wonderful weekend! I just love birthdays, even after 52 of them. Ashley, Travis and Mowgli came for the entire weekend and helped me to celebrate. I just love hiking in the woods and my birthday brought perfect weather for a hike. Dale and Travis did some geocaching while Ashley and I walked the trails. We spent more than ninety minutes in the woods and because it got up above eighty degrees. We lost the sweaters very quickly after we started. Fortunately we burned off lots of calories to compensate for some of the celebration foods. We cooked at home; enjoying good meals and fun in the kitchen. We made waffles, pasta carbonara, grilled sausage sandwiches with potato salad and some spinach chicken salads. We also got to have a patio lunch on my birthday. I just love going to restaurants with nice patios on a perfect weather day! It's a very good thing that we got exercise every day and a good thing that they came on Thursday so that we could have a long weekend to celebrate! It was a great birthday, all weekend long!

1 comment:

Ashley Schrage said...

we all had a great weekend!