Saturday, March 26, 2011

Fun Groceries

Grocery shopping has never been a huge chore for me. If I have time I don't mind the job. Lately I have found a couple of very fun markets which make grocery shopping even more enjoyable. Since my first visit a couple of years ago, I love going to Graziano's. I love to take friends there or even bringing the kids or out-of-town guests to explore the little 100 year old Italian market. The specialty is Graziano sausage but there are also amazing spices, cheeses, peppers, sauces and many other unique items. I hear that this store has changed very little over the decades and I believe it. It's a treat to shop here.
More recently Trader Joe's opened in West Des Moines. Although I avoid the place on Saturdays I do enjoy going and looking for new interesting food items when they aren't so busy. There are some healthy affordable options, unique foods and some really inexpensive wines too! Going to specialty stores for specific items does take more time but since it's fun grocery shopping I always enjoy it.

No comments: