Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Second Attempt

Although I love knitting, I really do hate starting over, fixing mistakes or ripping out my work! I felt the same way when I used to sew. I just hated having to use my seam ripper. It's not fun to have to do it over again. I started this scarf with the recommended size 4 knitting needles but it seemed too tight. I was doing something wrong with one of my stitches and the holes seemed uneven too. I was tempted to start over but I already had so much work into it. I took it to Jill's to get her opinion and while I was working on it the cat sat on my lap and bit right through the yarn! I guess that was my sign to start over. The first attempt is shown on the right. My "re-do" is on the left. I used size 6 needles and found a better way to do my "yarn-over" and make the holes more even. I am now about one fourth finished but I still need to rip out my first attempt. I am glad that I started over but the process did frustrate me.

No comments: